Date: Sunday, September 18, 2016
Time: 10:30am – 5:30pm
Location: Ocean Park Community Hall, 1577 128 Street, Surrey, BC
Course and materials fee: $120 + $5
Instruction covers: TesseLace ground, beading, finishing as pendant
If you are a lacemaker and have not heard about TesseLace yet, you are in for a big surprise! This brand new lace opens door to uncharted territory of grids, thanks to a groundbreaking research of Veronika Irvine, mathematician, computer scientist and lace artist. Her algorithmically designed lace tesselations are an unbelievable gift to all creative lacemakers and lace designers. TesseLace is already having an impact on contemporary handmade lace designs, and its potential for the future development is enormous. I am very excited about TesseLace and love to explore the grids, which seem to be a perfect match for wire medium. It is my pleasure to add the TesseLace subject to New School of Lace curriculum.
This is the first workshop and invites lacemakers to learn a new pattern and create a unique TesseLace pendant. The workshop is suitable for lacemakers who are familiar with basic stitches and have some previous experience with wire work.
Visit Veronika’s website, TesseLace – Algorithmically designed lace tesselations – to learn more about this new, exciting lace, and if you like what you see, join us to explore it in Let’s Tesselace! wire lace workshop.
* basic experience with wire lace (any previous New School of Lace workshops or courses) or previous lacemaking experience in fibre (familiarity with ground lace, such as Torchon or any point ground techniques) is required.
* 15 pairs of Lenka’s bobbins for wire lace (fine or medium) or similar
* cookie pillow is recommended
* jeweller’s pliers: fine flat nose, round nose, wire clippers
* paper and pencil for note taking
Information and registration:
Contact Lenka at 778 . 288 . 0720 or by e-mail at laceaway at gmail dot com
Please send a request and I will e-mail registration form to you.
Payment method: Cash, cheque, VISA, MasterCard and AMEX